Ready to get all boozed up while watching the 2019 NFL Draft?
Well, you’ve come to the right place as we’re set to bring you the official Loaded Box Podcast’s drinking game for Thursday night’s first round.
The same rules apply as last year. Sometimes you’ll drink once, sometimes twice, sometimes you’ll have to finish your drink – and on the rare occurrences – you’ll have to break out the bottle.
Drinking and the NFL Draft is a perfect combination based on feedback from several of our website’s viewers and podcast listeners, so embrace the day, follow the rules below, and let us know how your draft-night evening is going throughout the process by tagging us on Twitter, @LoadedBox (and be sure to use #Stumblies or #Drunkies based on which of those two names you like better as the official name of our dedicated listeners!)
Let’s Get Loaded!
Take one drink every time the following happens:
- Someone is selected
- The name Josh Rosen is said
- A player comparison is made by an analyst
- They show the old lady stitching the names on the jerseys in the backroom
- Any of the following phrases are said
- hip fluidity
- hand size
- 40-yard dash time
- Quick twitch
- Todd, Todd, Todd, Todd! (specifically Mel Kiper attempting to get Todd McShay’s attention)
Take two drinks every time the following happens:
- A prospect’s “motor” is questioned. Finish your drink if the player is Rashan Gary
- The offseason trades involving Odell Beckham Jr. or Antonio Brown are discussed
- A Clemson defensive lineman is selected
- An analyst brings up the Raiders sending their scouting team home and keeping them away from the facility the entire week leading up to the draft
- Roger Goodell attempts to crack a joke about getting booed
Finish your drink every time the following happens:
- A trade occurs
- The New York Giants make a pick – since you know that’s what David Gettleman is doing behind the scenes as well
- D.K. Metcalf’s muscles are talked about
- If Nick Bosa isn’t the first defensive player off the board
- A running back or safety is selected
Break out your favorite hard liquor and take a shot every time the following happens:
- Your favorite team makes a selection (have fun, Raiders fans)
- If anyone besides Kyler Murray is selected first overall
- An analyst makes reference to Tua Tagovailoa, Justin Herbert or Trevor Lawrence
- Two Iowa tight ends are drafted in the first 20 picks
- If Rock Ya-Sin is selected in the first round – because the player with the best name in the draft deserves a shot!
Be sure to check out the latest episode of the Loaded Box Podcast as the guys discuss their final mock drafts leading up to the 2019 NFL Draft!